LH 165: Helping Your Pet Live Closer to Their Food
An all NEW episode on a topic we've never covered before!
We talk a lot on the podcast about living closer to our food and making sure we know what’s IN the food we eat and serve our families. Well on today’s episode, host Theresa Loe has a discussion with Lynn Felici-Gallant of Paul's Custom Pet Food about doing the same thing for our pets...even if it means sharing produce from our garden!
For optimal nutrition, it can be just as important for our pets to avoid processed foods too. And unfortunately, most of what we typically feed them…is junk food.
Now, this topic can be controversial. But keep in mind that this is NOT about having the time or money to make our own pet food or buy custom food.
This is about having a better understanding about pet food so that we can make the best choices we can that is within our capacity.
And in this episode you'll not only learn what produce from your garden is GOOD for your pets -- But you'll also learn how you can make some wholesome snacks that don't take any time at all.
You will learn:
- A new way to look at what we are feeding our pets
- Why slow food and locally-sourced can make a difference in pet health
- The cancer story of one dog that shifted everything
- What’s really in some of our store bought pet foods
- Why some treats are worse than junk food
- What natural treats are safe for dogs and which are not
- Where to look for help with feeding your pet in a natural way
- And SO much more...
In the show notes, you can down load a free recipe for homemade dog treats. Just go to www.LivingHomegrown.com/165 and you'll find lots of links to more information on this topic.
You can also go to www.LivingHomegrown.com/fresh to get Theresa's Farm Fresh Resource guide for all her go to sources for living a farm fresh lifestyle.